Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Amniocentesis

Yesterday was my 16th week of pregnancy. I was so excited to find out that our baby is a BOY. We thought it was a girl but it's a boy. A little junior of my husband. At the same time it was my schedule for amniocentesis. A surgical procedure to obtain a sample of amniotic fluid from the amniotic sac, using a hollow needle through my abdominal wall. It is used to detect abnormal genetic disorders such as Down Syndrome, Neural tube Defect and more. It's optional for pregnant women, but I have to since I have a first cousin who has down syndrome. My doctor says that all my labs were perfect so there's nothing to worry about, it's just all for confirmation that everything is perfectly good. Result will come after couple of weeks. For now, I have to rest. 
My husband is traveling and his convincing me to come with him, his living tomorrow but still I'm not decided to go with him or not. It's 1,500 miles drive, the last drive we had was so stressful and I don't wanna experience that again. He'll be gone for few weeks, I don't know if I'll make it here all by myself. I don't know if I can even sleep knowing that nobody will protect me here except for my loaded gun. Still thinking about it. I still have few more hours to think about it. Hope our baby can tell me if his ok with that driving or better for us to stay at home and wait for dada. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Credits

Femikey